Oleg Bunin, standing among some of the most prominent IT specialists in Russia, inspires and organizes HighLoad++, HighLoad++ Junior, RIT, WhaleRider, FrontendConf, RootConf professional conferences and technological exhibitions on HighLoad++ and RIT.
Annually at HIghLoad++ we gather more than a thousand professional developers and experts of various areas of field from all around the world. In 2014 we hosted 1600 participants. This year we are expecting more than 2500 people at our event.
The program for this event is formed by the developers from biggest companies of Russian community and the world. Our program committee forms a set of specific standards for speakers, as well as chooses only the best topics among many of the submitted ones.
At the conference we cover all present-day valued topics for present and future high performance system developers.
We have vastly expanded list of covered topics this year and added six new sections.
After analyzing experiences and programs of past years we have added a few new fields to the event.
New section dedicated to optimization of big quantities of data and machine learning.
- Tools (Hadoop, Map-reduce, HBase…);
- Reference systems, collaborative filtering;
- Machine learning;
- Data mining;
- Pattern recognition;
- Logging and monitoring;
- Virtualization and containerization technologies;
- Configuration management;
- Continuous deployment;
- Fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
Sections devoted to specific technologies and developments. Each year, these sections vary. In the last few years, they were:
- Cloud Computing;
- Video Streaming;
- Search engines;
- Billings construction;
There is a whole lot of devices that make high performance systems easier to compose. We tend to study advanced hardware technology, hybrid devices and modern processors.
High performance systems do not require any specific measures of security. However in case of an attack, due to security system failure, the damage can be massive.
It is a new experimental section, which is aiming to cover all the interactions between client and server based technologies, or sometimes completely on the client side. Many large-scale modern projects are running a whole programmed system with its own architecture, services and layers of abstractions in their browsers.
Which databases are used in high performance engines and how? How large amounts of information are stored and managed? In the speakers section - database developers.
- Databases optimization; replication, sharding, partitioning;
- Cluster and network file systems;
- Non-relational databases, NoSQL.
- Designing scalable and fault-tolerant architectures;
- Algorithms, queuing systems;
- Programming languages: PHP, Perl, Java, Erlang, Ruby;
- Technologies: BigIP, DSP‐programming, parallel computing;
- Russian products: rapid web-servers, application‐servers, templates, monitoring systems;
- Vertical and horizontal scaling;
- Examples of working solutions;
- Architectural patterns;
- Queuing system.
- Large-Scale project management features;
- Highload project development;
- Business management, recruitment;
- Business processes of large-scale project making;
- Highload system valuation.
Process organization for testing and their value in the production of high performance systems:
- Testing: functional and stress;
- Automated testing;
- Supporting, monitoring, deployment;
- system administration; operational systems (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD), operation systems tuning;
- Hosting, DDOS attacks protection and organization;
- Internet infrastructure: channel operators, channels;
- Hardware, special equipment;
- Loading balancing.
We eagerly invite foreign speakers willing to introduce their talks to Russian-speaking audiences and graciously cover accommodation and airfare. Feel at home at HighLoad++, new ideas are always welcome! Indeed, up to one-third of our speakers come from abroad. We have already welcomed at our events some very prominent representatives of such IT companies as Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft, Percona, Etsy, Twitter and such media giants as BBC and Al Jazeera. We are greatly interested in “hot” talks from community members and contributors to the most meaningful Open Source projects — for instance, we eagerly keep in touch with the MySQL team, Cubrid team and PostgreSQL team, to name just a few.
Foreign sponsors can contact the HighLoad++ Team in order to have booths, roll-ups or provide hand-outs and /or ads at the HighLoad++ event.
If you are interested in finding specialists from Russia and neighboring countries, you will be pleased to know that headhunting is also allowed at HighLoad++. Find more developers of high-loaded systems for your team at our conference!
Welcome to the next HighLoad++ and have an exciting professional experience!
Speaking at Highload++
Want to be aware of HighLoad++'s latest news? Please subscribe to our newsletter:
You’ll definitely want to know more about our decision makers – the people who rate all talks, ask specific questions and form the HighLoad++ program. They are respected experts of IT, very well-known in professional communities and working for top IT companies – such as Badoo, Mail.Ru Group, Yandex, Rambler, Nginx and many others. They understand the nature of high-load very well and have great practical experience.
The members of the Program Committee adore useful talks on technologies and solutions that can easily become your next-day practice at work. Marketing, sales and management are good – but they are inappropriate for HighLoad++.
So, are you ready to speak at HighLoad++? If the answer is YES, then we need:
- Target Audience (e.g.: “intended mostly for client-side developers”, “recommended to server-side professionals”)
- Your professional achievements (3 to 7 main points)
- High Res Photo of you
- Short Bio (about 300 characters)
Please do not hesitate to send your applications to email@example.com.
What Our Speakers Say
Sponsoring at Highload++
Highload++ already has a very impressive list of sponsors – just look at the logos and names of these companies!
Interested and want to have a look at our Sponsorship Package?
Just contact us now and learn more! Email Martin Shtern:
Some of the most successful and largest projects in Russia like Setup.ru, Woman.ru, Photosight.ru, Sports.ru, and Itar-tass.com were created with the assistance of Oleg Bunin Lab (Ontico LLC.). However, the most remarkable and repeated fact is that Oleg Bunin and his team consulted Pavel Durov and his brother Nikolai when preparing the launch of Vkontakte social media.
With great experience in IT and project management, Oleg Bunin and the community of the best Russian developers and managers formed the core of Program Committee for three unique conferences: HighLoad++, Russian Internet Technologies and Whale Rider.